Friends of CAP program
Civil Air Patrol members and their families are encouraged to spread the word about the new Friends of CAP program among their family, friends, co-workers, emergency service provider partners and anyone else who may have an interest in supporting CAP. Annual dues for Friends of CAP are only $35, which is tax-deductible, and they can sign up quickly online. Friends of CAP support the organization without any of the commitments involved with membership. This program does not replace CAP’s Patron members and is an easy way for people to support the organization. CAP Friends receive two printed issues of CAP’s magazine, Civil Air Patrol Volunteer, annually along with emails from national staff about all the great things CAP is doing. Additionally, CAP Friends can take advantage of selected benefits and discounts.
The two major benefits of Friends of CAP are: 1. Increased public awareness about the organization and the great things our members do to help their communities, states and nation. 2. Some of these Friends of CAP (to include CAP alumni) may want to become regular members in the future when their life circumstances permit them time to participate.
C/2d Lt Zachary Farner Named 2010 Oregon Wing Cadet of the Year
October 23, 2010
During its 2010 Wing Conference, Oregon presented the Cadet of the Year Award to C/2Lt Zachary Farner. Farner is the Cadet Commander of Aurora Cadet Squadron. The 16 year old continues to be an example of professionalism, adaptability and maturity to the cadets in his squadron. He has lead Aurora Squadron to where it is now with grace and determination. He stands with Oregon Wing Commander Col Brian Bishop (right).
Article written by C/TSgt Elizabeth Irving, C/PAO, Aurora Cadet Squadron
Photo: Capt Scott Maguire, Oregon Wing PAD
- CAPR20-1 IG Program 15 Jan 18 January 19, 2018CAPR20-1 IG Program 15 Jan 18
- Due to inclement weather, National Headquarters will be closed today. January 17, 2018Due to inclement weather, National Headquarters will be closed today.
- ***Network SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE ON Tuesday, 16 Jan 2018 between 2:00 and 6:00PM CENTRAL*** January 16, 2018***Network SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE ON Tuesday, 16 Jan 2018 between 2:00 and 6:00PM CENTRAL***
- National Headquarters Closed 15 January 2018 in Observance of Martin Luther King, Jr., Day January 12, 2018National Headquarters Closed 15 January 2018 in Observance of Martin Luther King, Jr., Day
- ***Network SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE ON Wednesday, 10 Jan 2018 between 3:00 and 3:30PM CENTRAL*** January 9, 2018***Network SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE ON Wednesday, 10 Jan 2018 between 3:00 and 3:30PM CENTRAL***
- Holiday Video Message from Maj. Gen.Smith and Brig. Gen. Phelka December 21, 2017Holiday Video Message from Maj. Gen.Smith and Brig. Gen. Phelka
- Preview R20-1 replacing R123-1 15 Jan 18 December 19, 2017Preview R20-1 replacing R123-1 15 Jan 18
- National Headquarters Holiday closing schedule December 15, 2017National Headquarters Holiday closing schedule
- CAP-AFA Partnership December 15, 2017CAP-AFA Partnership
- Watch Secretary of Air Force on Facebook Live tomorrow December 11, 2017Watch Secretary of Air Force on Facebook Live tomorrow
- R40-2 Test Admin Preview (replaces R50-4) December 4, 2017R40-2 Test Admin Preview (replaces R50-4)
- R70-1 Flight Mgmt (was R60-1) Effective Today December 4, 2017R70-1 Flight Mgmt (was R60-1) Effective Today
- **CAPWATCH Process Change - Update** December 3, 2017**CAPWATCH Process Change - Update**
- Maj Gen Mark Smith video series - Preserving CAP's History December 1, 2017Maj Gen Mark Smith video series - Preserving CAP's History
- Aircraft Information Files (AIF) Changes November 30, 2017Aircraft Information Files (AIF) Changes
- NCSA Priority Placement Deadline Approaching January 11, 2018Time is ticking away. Apply by 15 January to get priority placement in your favorite National Cadet Special Activities. Check out our career exploration, emergency services, flying and leadership opportunities at NCSAS.com. We have something for most everyone AND their friends.